This is one theme of many that will be of continual interest. It has to do with Thomas. But, we will focus on Margaret, too. For the kids? We need to get the first five generations identified. Then, there are a slew of topics that are general, such as The Massachusetts Magazine, collateral families, WikiTree (technology, in general), and such.
These posts are all from the TGS blog except for the last one. As well, there will be things pulled from work being done on Quora.
- August 23, 2011 - True Gentleman
- December 2, 2011 - Backbone and more
- December 4, 2012 - No shadow over Thomas
- March 17, 2014 - Cape Ann, of course
- January 22, 2016 - Thomas and Margaret, archetypal pair
- December 3, 2017 - American manhood
- July 6, 2010 - Early Fathers (FEDaerated blog)
A related theme deals with Rev. Hubbard who talked to people of the time. And, wrote then, too. He gets no respect (we'll look at that). Yes, the Roger Dangerfield of that era.
Note to genealogists: People have being without your weighing in with your assessment of documents. In fact, your research does not make the 'truth' of the matter. You people are mere servants; get over yourselves.
Remarks: Modified: 10/13/2018