Samuel, Joseph, Mirian (Gardner) Hill, Seeth (Gardner) Grafton
This series will go through all of the children and identify some descendants. The list originally was on Wikipedia's page about Thomas Gardner (Planter). We'll put a header into each so that these can be linked, easily.
For these lists, we will be adding more names. Chronological order:
- Jonathan Gardner (c. 1690s) – his Great Pastures became Salem Woods
- Jonathan Gardner (c. 1720s) – Commander of a privateer, French-Indian War, Commander of Minutemen, American Revolution — Described by William Bentley thusly: A most useful Citizen, of amiable temper, inflexible integrity, and a sober friend to all useful, social & religious institutions.
- Samuel Knapp Gardner (c. 1780s) – Mariner, captured in War of 1812, held in Dartmoor (HM Prison). His 3rd great-grandfather, Edward Woodman, was a member of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts.
- William Crowninshield Endicott (c. 1820s) – Secretary of War in the Administration of President Grover Cleveland
- Richard Crowninshield Derby (c. 1830s) - Died at Battle of Antietam, 17 Sep 1862, he is the great-grandson of Elizabeth and Jonathan
- Elliott P. Joslin (c. 1860s) – founder of Joslin Diabetes Center
- Alfred Winslow Jones (c. 1900s) – created first hedge fund
|Descendant of George and Samuel|
WikiTree profile for Samuel: Gardner-614.
Remarks: Modified: 10/21/2020
10/09/2020 -- Add links and image.
10/15/2020 -- Added link to WikiTree. Removed Chamberlain until proven. Added in Richard Crowninshield Derby.
10/16/2020 -- Note the relationship of Richard Crowninshield Derby with Jonathan and Elizabeth (Gardner) Gardner. He a descendant of George and Samuel.
10/21/2020 -- Added link to post on descendants of Seeth.