Yesterday, we looked at some of these. And, picked Ezra Pound since he was documented on WikiTree. For Ezra, there was a link to his Wikipedia page, a note that he was ca. 1880s, and that his ancestor was Richard. We also looked at several others. Ezra Cornell is of Richard, too, but we need to review what has been done for him as there is some conflicting information. We found out that Gilbert Hovey Grosvenor is a descendant of Lion Gardner. In the mode of 'All things Gardner' work, we will move these to a side list showing these other families.
Today, we checked several other entries and considered that we need to approach this from the viewpoint of getting descendants of the children identified which would lead to the first five generations being written up. Along that line, the below list is a start. For now, we'll show the chart that maps to Henry VIII for its potential to show how collateral families come into play.
These can be thought of as threads. Some research might find them useful. I did. Those with resources have more motivation, too. I found that looking at work done by those folks would help with other lines, various ways.
This is a partial list with no particular order.
- Samuel - see Dr. Frank and Henry VIII
- Richard - see Ezra Pound, Nathaniel Gorham, Edith Kermit (Carow) Roosevelt
- Thomas and George - see Nathaniel Bowditch
- George - see Alice Hathaway (Lee) Roosevelt
- Sarah - see Charles G. Dawes (he is also descendant of Thomas Gardner of Roxbury)
- Seeth -- this will be a little different. Seeth married 1) Joshua Conant. He died. She married 2) John Grafton. One descendant is John Albion Andrew who was the 25th Governor of Massachusetts (1861-1866). The Essex Inst Hist Coll (Vols 27-28) has part of his pedigree. See WikiTree (John Albion Andrew).
- John -- see Henry Clay Folger, Jr.
We still need one from Miriam.
Remarks: Modified: 08/03/2019